The following Banana cake recipe is very simple to make and great for using up any old bananas that have passed their best. You can make it in a loaf tin, just the same as bread.
- 125g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 60ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas
- 150g caster sugar
- 190g self-raising flour
- Take a fork and mash the bananas in a bowl. Break the egg into a cup and beat with a fork.
- Using a piece of kitchen towel, grease the inside of a loaf tin with a little bit of butter to stop the cake from sticking.
- Gently heat the butter, vanilla extract and sugar in a saucepan until the butter is melted.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the mashed banana and beaten egg. Add a pinch of salt and give it all a good mix to ensure it’s well combined.
- Finally stir in the flour and milk.
- Pour the whole lot into the loaf tin and bake at 190 C / gas-mark 5 for about 30 mins. Leave to cool before tipping out of the tin and enjoying!
Please like or share this page if you found it to be useful. Thank you.