- 4 eggs
- 250g self-raising flour
- 350g carrots (grated)
- 120g walnuts (chopped)
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 350ml vegetable oil
- pre-heat the oven to 180 C / gas-mark 4.
- Prepare the carrots and walnuts if not already done so. Chop the walnuts roughly with a large kitchen knife and then use a a grater for the carrots.
- Take a little bit of butter on a kitchen towel and grease the inside of two large cake tins. The grease will provide a layer or oil when heated by the oven and prevent your cake from sticking to the tins.
- In a mixing bow, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and flour. Add the vegetable oil and eggs then mix it all together until well blended. Finally add the carrots and nuts to the mixture and stir through.
- Pour the mixture evenly between the two cake tins and bake for ~30 mins in pre-heated oven. Once baked, let the cakes cool off on a wire rack completely before removing from their tins.
The cakes are now ready to ice with cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
To make the cream cheese icing, you will need:
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 cups of sugar
Place the butter and cream cheese into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. It helps if the butter and cream cheese have been left at room temperature for a short while and allowed to soften. Mix in the sugar and vanilla extract.
Use a spatula to spread the icing mixture between the two cakes sticking them together and over the top/sides completely covering the entire cake.
Please like or share this page if you found it to be useful. Thank you.