This melting moments recipe, with it’s airy and light texture is the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea.
- 180g flour
- 60g icing sugar
- 180g butter (unsalted)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g cornflour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C or gas mark 5.
- Place the butter and vanilla into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Take a sieve and sift in the rest of the ingredients. Keep mixing until smooth again.
- Tip the mixture onto a work surface and divide up into little balls. Push the balls flat with the back of a fork to give the distinctive tops and to flatten them out.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes or until brown before transferring to a wire rack and allowing to cool.
Please like or share this page if you found it to be useful. Thank you.