This shortbread recipe is very easy to make. It only takes 30 minutes and uses just 3 ingredients: butter, sugar and flour. The basic recipe can be adapted to make biscuits of different sizes and shapes and also include different ingredients such as chocolate.
- 125g butter (unsalted)
- 180g flour
- 55g sugar (caster)
- Turn the over on to warm up. Set to 190C / gas mark 5.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the sugar with the butter. Keep mixing until smooth. Add the flour and mix until smooth again.
- Scoop the mixture out onto a work surface and use a rolling pin to achieve whatever thickness you’d like for the shortbread. Take a knife or cake cutter and cut to shape.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow the biscuits 30 minutes to chill.
- Bake in the over until a lovely brown colour.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Once you’ve made the basic recipe above you can vary it slightly by adding other ingredients to the mixture during the mixing stage. Some ideas to try are:
- Chocolate chips.
- Chopped pecans.
- Vanilla essence.
- Chopped fruit such as strawberries.
Please like or share this page if you found it to be useful. Thank you.